We are operating two doors down at 4124 Shelbyville Road while the Beargrass Christian Church campus is closed due to COVID-19.
Hours are Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
Thank you for supporting local farms and food systems. Crowds are prohibited but everyone is welcome. Masks are required.
We are committed to following guidelines set forth by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture and Metro Louisville Department of Public Health. During this epidemic, think of us as your open air grocery store.
Our farms will be selling produce, meat, and dairy. No foods prepared on site, or live music are allowed at this time. Masks are required for entry. There are no restrooms onsite. We look forward to returning to regular operations as soon as permitted. In the meantime, let’s flatten the curve and support our farmers.
Below is a list of current participants. You are welcome to shop all the producers at the market. Some offer pre-orders for best selection, scroll down for instructions.
Bakar Family Farm
Duncan Farms – Call John Duncan to pre-order 502-773-2857
Elmwood Stock Farm – Pre-Orders Only
Full Heart Farm – Email Beth Fowle for advance orders at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502-693-6428
Garey Farms – Visit them online or call David at 859-351-4466 to pre-order
Gypsy Ridge Farm
On Tapp Dairy
Stone Burr Farms – To order email Gene Butcher at stoneburrlamb@gmail
Pure Pollen Flowers – Pre-orders preferred
Sapori d’Italia Cheese – Order through Facebook Messenger @giovannibacktoitaly, Pay on Zelle, Giovanni Capezzuto 859-536-5352
Sunergos Coffee – Selling roasted beans and cold press pre-mix
Wells Made Co. – Email Andrea Wells at email@example.com to pre-order
West 6th Brewery Pre-orders only, deadline Friday at noon
Rules and Operations
- Enter at Thierman Lane/Owens Medical Plaza. Volunteers will direct you to onsite parking in the rear.
- Don mask.
- Proceed on foot to entry at the rear or follow the sidewalk at Shelbyville Road, turn right and enter 4124 Shelbyville Road at the green flags indicating, “Farmers Market”
- Queue up as directed.
- 1 person per household may enter.
- Remain socially distant, leaving 6 ft. of space between you and other shoppers.
- No reusable bags permitted.
- No dogs.
- Please do not linger.
- Attendance will be strictly controlled.
- 1 customer at a time per booth.
- Wait on spaces indicated by floor chalk.
- Be ready to order.
- Go cashless if able.
- Handwashing stations courtesy of Evan Williams. Please wash & sanitize your hands.
- Please be patient.
- Scroll the list of producers
- Click the name or follow instructions to place an online order by Fridays at noon
- Advance orders are not required but are appreciated
- If you are shopping the market, please pick-up your pre-ordered items at the producer’s booth.
If you prefer no contact pick-up of pre-ordered items, follow these steps for Drive-Thru Pick-Up.
- Enter Pick-Up area from Browns Lane, off Church Way.
- Volunteers will direct you to the Pick-Up tent, in the rear of the lot.
- Hold up a piece of paper with your name and the name of the producer(s) from which you ordered.
- Volunteer will direct you to a parking space to wait.
- A runner will retrieve your order.
- Open your trunk and the runner will place your order in your trunk.
- Please remain in your vehicle.
- Depart via Church Way.